The cemetery of the Baha’is of Abadan and Khorramshahr, cities in the southwestern province of Khuzestan, was raided during Azar 1388 (early December 2009). The following are photos portraying the vast desecration of the cemetery’s graves and walls.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Baha’i Citizen Shahdokht Khanjani Arrested in Semnan
- Another Baha’i Buried Improperly in Tehran Cemetery
- Armed Houthis attack peaceful Baha’i gathering, arresting at least 17, in fresh crackdown
- Iran: authorities must end the persecution of Mahvash Sabet and ensure access to adequate medical care pending her release
- Statement by IRFBA Chair Fiona Bruce MP on Iranian Religious Prisoners of Conscience Mahvash Sabet and Fariba Kamalabadi
December 18, 2009 10:49 pm
If you want to judge a civilization, look at the cemetries and how they honour their dead. This shows the end of a former civilized country.
December 19, 2009 10:56 pm
Talk about being paranoid. This regime is even afraid of the deceased!!!! Can it get any more uncivilized?
December 22, 2009 8:32 pm
So sad, so tragic for the Iranian authorities to tolerate such abuse. Not for one moment do I believe that the Iranian people actually sanction this barbarity. Someday in the places where these desecrations occurred, beautiful gardens will bloom . . .for the pleasure of all.