Tehran: Thirteen Baha’is arrested, two freed
29 Bahman 1388 (18 February 2010)
Latest news from Iran:
At 2:30 in the morning of 21 Bahman 1388 (10 February 2010), officers of the Ministry of Information entered the home of Mr Ala’uddin (Niki) Khanjani, confiscated his books and computer, and arrested him. Mr Ala’uddin Khanjani is the son of Jamal’uddin Khanjani, one of the former members of the Yaran (“Friends”) in Iran. Also, he is the father of Ms. Lua (Khanjani) Mobash-shir, who was arrested, along with 12 others, on 13 Day 1388 (3 January 2010). Mr Khanjani was in telephone contact with his family on 24 Bahman 1388 (13 February 2010).
Immediately after the arrest of Mr Ala’uddin Khanjani, the following individuals were also arrested in the early hours of the morning, in Tehran:
* Mr Ashkan Bassari
* Mrs Maria Ja’fari (Ehsani), who had been arrested on 13 Day 1388 (3 January 2010)
* Mr Bashir Ehsani, son of Mrs Maria Ja’fari
* Ms Romina Zabihian
* Mr Houtan Seysani
Also, several other Baha’is were arrested on 21 Bahman 1388 (10 February 2010)
* Mrs Mona Missaghi, who was summoned to the Ministry of Information and was then arrested. She is the wife of Mr Nikoo Hoveida’i. Mrs Missaghi had been arrested on 13 Day 1388 (3 January 2010), along with 12 others, and subsequently released the same day.
* Ms Simin Ghaffari, whose time of arrest is not specified, whether it was in the morning or during the day.
* Mr Pedram Sana’i, whose time of arrest is not specified, whether it was in the morning or during the day. He is the brother of Ms Pegah Sana’i, who was arrested on 21 Day.
(10 January) in Qa’im-shahr; subsequently released on bond on 28 Day
On 22 Bahman 1388 (11 February 2010) four Baha’is were arrested:
* Ms Taraneh Ghanooni
* Ms Naghmeh Ghanooni, sister of Taraneh Ghanooni
* Ms Sheida Yousefi. She is the sister of Mr Mehran ( Ahmad ) Rohani, who had been arrested on 13 Day 1388 (3 January 2010). Ms Yousefi was released on 26 Bahman 1388 (15 February 2010). The details of her release are not currently available.
* Mr Arya Shadmehr, younger brother of Zavosh Shadmehr and the son of Ibrahim Shadmehr who had both been arrested on 13 Day 1388 ( 3 January 2010 ).
Mr Arya Shadmehr was released on 23 Bahman 1388 (12 February 2010). The details of his release are not available at this time.”
Translation by Iran Press Watch
Source: BWNS, http://news.persian-bahai.org/2010021801
February 24, 2010 7:23 pm
February 24, 2010 10:32 pm
Aggrieved and sorry as I am to hear this terrible news, I believe God’s purpose is served by sincerity and sacrifice. Our brothers and sisters in Iran are the very models of these virtues. Let us pray for them, for delivered justice, while we carry on the work of service they are unable to perform due to unjust and unreasonable incarceration.