A 2006 confidential communication from the director general of the Central Security Office of Iran’s Ministry of Science, Research and Technology – which oversees all state-run universities – instructed 81 universities to expel any Baha’i students. “[I]f the identity of Baha’i individuals becomes known at the time of enrolment or during the course of their studies, they must be expelled from university,” stated the letter.
- Baha’i Citizen Iman Rashidi Remains in Legal Limbo, Detained for Over 140 Days in Yazd Prison
- Two Iranian Baha’i Women Face New Charges After Release
- 15 Iranian Baha’is Tried on Propaganda Charges
- Iranian Agents Beat Baha’i Youth During Attack on Educational Group—and Knowledge Itself
- Baha’i Citizen Rouya Sabet Arrested in Shiraz