Mohamad Tavakoli – a professor of history and Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations – delivers the opening address at the conference on “Intellectual Othering and the Baha’i Question in Iran,” which commenced at the University of Toronto on Friday, 1 July. Seated on the panel are, from left to right, Linda Northrup, University of Toronto; Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak, University of Maryland; and Abbas Amanat, Yale University.
- Six-Year Prison Term Upheld Against Baha’i Woman in Northeast Iran
- Iranian Baha’is Targeted by “Brutal” New Tactics – Including Denial of Marriage Licenses
- Iran Mounting Persecution Of Baha’is Through Arbitrary Arrests
- Iran: Nobel Prize Winner Mohammadi Begins New Hunger Strike
- 14 Female Prisoners Express Sympathy for the Family of the Deceased Baha’i and Praising “Her Fight Against Injustice”